Sunday, May 18, 2014

My "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" Experiences

This has been a busy week, and I have not really had an opportunity to post on the schedule that I have been accustomed to, so for those that look to read my posts, I am truly sorry.  The trucker's life.  Gotta love it.

I was privileged to have my beautiful wife, Danika, with me again this week.  We started out the week headed to Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.  I didn't say anything, but I was hoping to get to take her through Gettysburg, and let her get some really good (hopefully) pictures.  Its kind of hard when you are by yourself to be able to do that.  But, as the saying goes, we came close, but no cigar.

I believe it was after we delivered, and on our way to Indianapolis, Indiana, when we took a wrong turn in Virginia. As Bugs bunny would say, "if I'd only taken that left turn in Albuquerque."  Needless to say, when we made that wrong turn, I knew it right then.  There was a sign that was posted telling me that no trucks were allowed.  It was then that I saw another sign for a 10 foot clearance on a bridge ahead.  Knowing that my truck and trailer needed a 13'6" clearance, where in the world was I going to go?  I certainly could not just do a 3 point turn and turn around.  There was no places big enough for me to do a U-turn, so I was left with praying really hard that (1) the law wouldn't be on that road, and (2) I could find a way out of it.

Luckily, the bridge was to the left of where I needed to go, but I was still faced with a narrow winding road, up a mountain.  This is a prime example of why I shouldn't always follow GPS, even if it is an expensive truckers GPS, that is supposed to keep me from doing what I did.  It actually made me continue to follow it, because, after all, I am in an area that I know absolutely NOTHING about, so it turned into my best shot of getting out of there.

And I did.

And I made it to where I needed to go.

That wrong turn actually took us into George Washington Park, which was beautiful.  It had little places that you could picnic, areas where you could bring your dog to walk, Beautiful landscapes, and many other things to do.   Did Danika get pictures?

Um...No.  I'm not sure whether she was just too enamored by the beauty and couldn't pick up her camera phone, or too busy worried how we would get out of there.  But it was beautiful.

I had a feeling I would get a story out of it.  I thought all week long about it.  I just never felt the release to go ahead and write about it...until today.

Today, our daughter, Natalie, had to go to an art show for extra college credit.  Since Danika had previously agreed to go with her, I was asked if I would stay home and be on grand baby duty.  I first said yes, and thought about what Paw Paw and Amily could get into, but then I decided that I wanted to go to the art show.  So we just all loaded up and went.

I don't recall ever being at an art show.  It consisted of mainly framed pictures that various people had taken, and mixed into it was some "creative" art.  As I stood there looking at each piece,  I kind of felt like I was Cameron, from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," as he stood in an art gallery "pondering" each little thing that he saw.

The Lord started speaking to me as I "pondered" some of it.  There were many photographs of different people.  Some were clean, while others had mud or dirt on them.  Some were of men, some of women, and others of children.  Each one representing different backgrounds and ethniticities. (If that is how you spell it).

The art consisted of everything imaginable.  What really stuck out to me was a house, I think made out of porcelain, but I'm not entirely sure.  It was painted black with another color for shutters.  As there were several houses in this piece of art, it represented to me, a neighborhood that was lacking the wealth of maybe its neighbor.  Yet, to the artist, it may be home...therefore, to he/she, it may represent all the wealth in the world.

Another piece that stood out to me was a collage of standing sheets of glass, each a different shape.  As the perception of art is to me, it is different with each person that views it.  To me, the glass art was representative physically as a sky rise of different buildings.

In the spiritual, both was something altogether different.

God created each person to be unique, meaning there will never be another just like you, even if you are an identical twin.  He formed and knew everything about you from the color of your hair, eyes, and skin, to your mannerisms and personality from the conception in your mother's womb.  This is referenced in Jeremiah 1:5, where it says, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you..." (NKJV)

Remember that wrong turn I told you that I made?  In our daily lives, we make many wrong turns (choices), which lead us in a direction that we need not pursue.   I had to use my GPS to get out of the situation that I was in, but in life, we have a love letter, inspired by God Himself, as He revealed to man what to write.   This is the Holy Bible.  We also have the Holy Spirit, who will guide us in the ways we should go, if only we ask.

Thank God, He allows U-Turns in our life.

As I was looking at the art that was the house, the Lord spoke to me and said that there are many things that we fill our lives with (our body being the temple, or house) that are sinful and filthy.  It causes us to be dirty in His sight, without the presence of Jesus Blood that He shed on the cross.


Though that piece of art that was the glass in the physical represented a sky rise of buildings in my eyes, you could see right through it.  The artist, in placing each piece, did so with precision, and made sure that it was cleaned immaculately.   It was transparent. 

It is when we acknowledge that we are sinners, and ask Jesus to wash us in His Blood, that  God forgives us of our sins, and makes us "transparent," in His sight, just as the art that was the glass sky rise.

My job as a truck driver isn't just a job, that I can go to everyday and do the same thing repetitively.  It requires that I have relationships with many different people, whether I have met them, or not.  As a matter of fact, the ones I communicate with the most, I have never laid my eyes on.  I have to have faith that they are real, and that they are going to guide me to where I need to be, in order to effectively perform the duties that my job require.

Christianity often gets put into a category of "religion" by the world.  However, that couldn't be further from the truth.  God wants to have a relationship with me, and He wants to have a relationship with you.  As a matter of fact, that is His greatest desire.  As I live my life, just as I have to have faith that the people I deal with on my job are real people, I have to have faith that God is real.  And just as the ones I work with daily prove to me that they are, God does the same.

Do you have a relationship with Him?  Have you asked Him to forgive you of your sins, and allowed Him into your life?  It is really simple.  Just repeat these words as you read them:

God, I know that I am a sinner.  I know that Jesus died on the cross for the redemption of my sins, and rose again on the third day, defeating death, hell, and the grave.  Please forgive me of my sins, and come into my heart.  Help me daily to live and grow in You. Thank you.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

Friend, if you sincerely prayed that prayer, all of heaven is rejoicing.  My strong advice to you is to find a Bible believing church near you and get rooted and planted in it.  I rejoice with all of heaven in your decision.  Please send me a message or comment and let me know.  I would love to send you some information on life after your decision.  This is only the beginning, and as you grow in the Lord, He will unlock and reveal more wisdom and insight into your life.

May God add His richest blessings on your life, and may it be filled with long life, prosperity, and perfect health, is my prayer!

Jesus is the Best Friend you could ever have, and He Loves you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment